* Proof reading and editing a thesis for an MEng degree
* Reading and advising on essays towards a degree in Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
* Reading and critiquing essays in Comparative Literature and History of Art
* Providing specialised arithmetic practice for Nursing
* Formatting and editing cv
* Advising on essay-writing and discussing the texts for A -Level English Literature
It is the last on this list that has occupied some of my leisure reading this Chrstmas with A Turn of the Screw (Henry James) and The Woman in Black (Susan Hill) the focus or foci for a student assignment on ghost stories in the New Year.